It’s competition time again folks and, as fans of Simon Sebag Montefoire’s excellent Russian history books The Court of the Red Tsar and Young Stalin, we’re as pleased as a Bolshevik at a vodka bar to be giving you the opportunity to win An Ordinary Execution (2010) on DVD.
Based on his own hugely successful novel of the same name, Marc Dugain’s debut feature An Ordinary Execution is an encounter between the ageing Joseph Stalin (Andre Dussolier) and a young Jewish doctor, Anna (Marina Hands). Anna, who has extraordinary healing powers, is brought in to treat the escalating physical woes of the dictator’s old age after his own doctor has been “purged.” Seen entirely through Anna’s eyes, he lays bare his philosophy of terror- rambling, plotting, intimidating.
Shot to reflect the grimness of oppression, and filled with tension and mystery, An Ordinary Execution is a compelling examination of the police state and a piercing insight into the mind of the last days of a dictator.
We have two copies to giveaway and all you have to do is answer the following question:
Which of these actors has NOT played the role of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin?
a) Ben Kingsley
b) Patrick Stewart
c) Andy Serkis
Email your answer and address to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘An Ordinary Execution’ in the subject line. An email entry counts as ONE entry into the competition.
To double your chance of winning, and for a SECOND entry into the competition just become a fan of CineVue on Facebook.
Competition closes Saturday 16 July, 2011.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.