To celebrate the DVD release of the critically acclaimed Camp Victory, Afghanistan (2011), we are giving away a copy of the film to THREE lucky winners. Using 300 hours of footage shot over three years, this extraordinary and thought-provoking documentary follows battle-hardened Afghan Brigadier General Sayar and the friendship he develops with an American Colonel enlisted with helping him turn ragtag groups of uncertain, impoverished men into a trained, standing Afghan National Army.
This unexpected camaraderie is captured between them despite Sayar’s growing exasperation with the US, and their growing friendship reveals the human cost of an impossible policy. The film is an intimate, realistic account of the constant cultural and professional conflicts between the Afghans and the visiting armies. While lack of trust runs strong, stronger are the tight emotional bonds sometimes formed between leaders in the rebuilding of a nation despite political and social barriers.
To be in with a chance of winning, just answer this simple question:
Which film was dedicated to the ‘Gallant people of Afghanistan’
b) Rambo III
Email your answer and address to email@example.com with ‘Camp Victory’ in the subject line. An email entry counts as ONE entry into the competition.
To double your chance of winning, and for a SECOND entry into the competition just become a fan of CineVue on Facebook.
Competition closes Wednesday 24 August, 2011.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.