The lovely people at American Express® have provided us with a competition so hot it might cause your computer to spontaneously combust. On the 20 and 21 August 2011 the inaugural Symphony at the Park is celebrating the famous Abbey Road Studios 80th Anniversary. Held over two days, the majestic surroundings of West London’s Chiswick House and Gardens will play host to one of the UK’s most prestigious orchestras; the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
On Saturday August 20th the audience will enjoy full symphonic versions of timeless rock and pop anthems from The Beatles, Elgar, Radiohead, Oasis, Kate Bush, Queen, Elbow, The Hollies and more.
On Sunday August 21st, the many epically-moving film scores recorded at Abbey Road will be heard in all their soaring majesty. These include music from Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The English Patient, Braveheart, Star Trek, Batman and 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Two lucky winners will win FOUR tickets to a night of their choice so they can treat their family and friends to what promises to be a fabulous day out.
In order to get your hands on the prize all you have to do is answer the following question:
Which Pink Floyd Album was recorded at Abbey Road at the same time The Beatles recorded Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band?
a) A Saucerful of Secrets
b) The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
c) The Dark Side of the Moon
Email your answer and address to email@example.com with ‘Floyd’ in the subject line. An email entry counts as ONE entry into the competition.
To double your chance of winning, and for a SECOND entry into the competition just become a fan of CineVue on Facebook.
Competition closes Wednesday 17 August, 2011.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.