Directed by acclaimed photographer Anton Corbijn (The American ) and based on Deborah Curtis’s Touching from a Distance, Control is the story of the late Ian Curtis’ time as frontman of Joy Division, following the band’s astronomic ascent up until Curtis’ own tragic suicide. Starring Samantha Morton and Alexandra Maria Lara and featuring an incredible performance from British actor Sam Riley as Ian Curtis, Control documents the relationships with both his wife and girlfriend, his battle with epilepsy and the road to success with his band Joy Division.
All set to an amazing score by New Order as well as tracks from David Bowie and The Sex Pistols, Control won the Carl Foreman Bafta for Best Newcomer (writer Matt Greenhalgh) and was nominated for two further Baftas.
To be in with a chance of winning the bundle, just answer this simple question:
Which position did the iconic Joy Division track Love Will Tear Us Apart reach when it entered the UK Singles Chart back in June 1980?
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Control’), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK.
The competition closes at 6pm on Sunday 20 November, 2011.
Control is available to own on Blu-ray and DVD now.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.