From the country that brought us intense, gritty crime cinema such as City of God (2002) and Elite Squad (2007) comes Flavio Frederico’s Boca (2010), a thrilling gangster flick based on real-life events and adapted from the autobiography of gangland boss Hiroito Joanides de Moraes. This week, we have THREE Blu-ray copies of the film to give away to our lucky readers. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook fans, so if you haven’t already, head over to facebook.com/CineVueUK, ‘Like’ us, and then follow the instructions below.
Following the violent murder of his father, in which he was stabbed over forty times with a razor, Hiroito (Daniel de Oliveira) was arrested and accused of the crime, but ultimately not charged. However two months later, and aged just twenty-one, Hiroito bought two guns and moved to Boca do Lixo, fast becoming one of the most successful, dangerous and wanted criminals in Brazil. Boca charts his journey through the violence, the girls, the guns and the drugs as Hiroito becomes one of the most feared and legendary gangsters in Brazil.
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE Blu-ray copies of Boca, all you have to do is answer this simple question:
Which global sporting event will Brazil host in 2014?
a) World Darts Championship
b) FIFA World Cup
c) Tiddlywinks World Cup
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Boca’), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK.
Boca is available to own on DVD and Blu-ray from 13 February.
The competition closes at 6pm on Monday 13 February, 2012.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.