To celebrate the DVD release of Gerardo Naranjo’s Mexican thriller Miss Bala (2011) – which stars newcomer Stephanie Sigman and Noe Hernandez – we have THREE DVD copies of the film to give away to our world cinema-loving fans. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook fans, so if you haven’t already, head over to facebook.com/CineVueUK, ‘Like’ us, and then follow the instructions below.
In Miss Bala, Sigman stars as Laura Guerrero, a young aspiring beauty queen who finds herself embroiled within a violent drug trafficking cartel, headed up by malevolent kingpin Lino (Noe Hernandez). After trying out for the ‘Miss Bala’ beauty pageant with best friend Suzu, the two end up at a seedy party in town which is subsequently attacked by Lino and his AK-carrying personal army. After making a number of enquiries regarding the now-vanished Suzu, Laura becomes a pawn for the drug traffickers, carrying out a number of shady missions in return for information – and also the continued safety of her father and younger brother.
Which classic crime drama begins with the line “As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster”?
a) The Godfather
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Bala’), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK.
Miss Bala is available to own on DVD from today.
The competition closes at 6pm on Friday 24 February, 2012.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.