Last year’s US drama The Help (2011) was a critically acclaimed hit, seeing Octavia Spencer take home an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress, and garnering a handful of Academy nominations to boot. To celebrate its release on Blu-Ray and DVD on the 12 March, we’re offering THREE lucky winners the chance to win a copy on Blu-Ray. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook fans, so if you haven’t already, head over to facebook.com/CineVueUK, ‘Like’ us, and then follow the instructions below.
A younger writer challenges the system in Southern America for what she believes is right. Having grown up surrounded by black maids, Skeeter (Emma Stone) decides to embark on a writing project to take into account the point of view of ‘The Help’. From their improbable alliance a remarkable sisterhood forms, giving all of them the courage to challenge and cross the lines that define them. The Help stars Academy Award winner Viola Davis, Emma Stone, Octavia Spencer, Jessica Chastain, Bryce Dallas Howard and is directed by Tate Taylor.
To be in with the chance of winning one of THREE Blu-ray copies of The Help, just answer the following simple question.
Which author wrote The Help?
a) Katherine Heigl
b) Kathryn Stockett
c) Katherine Hepburn
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Help’), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK.
The Help is available to own on DVD and Blu-ray from 12 March.
The competition closes at 6pm on Friday 16 March, 2012.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.