Céline Sciamma’s wonderful French childhood drama Tomboy (2011) comes to DVD and Blu-ray this Monday (5 March), so to celebrate its home entertainment release, the fantastic team at Peccadillo Pictures have sourced THREE Blu-ray copies of the film for us to give away to our devoted readers. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook fans, so if you haven’t already, head over to facebook.com/CineVueUK, ‘Like’ us, and then follow the instructions below.
Ten-year-old Laure (Zoé Héran) isn’t like most girls. She prefers football to dolls and sweaters to dresses. When Laure, her parents and little sister Jeanne (Malonn Lévana) move to a new neighbourhood, family life remains much the same. That is, until local girl Lisa mistakes Laure to be a boy. Indulging in this exciting new identity, Laure becomes Mikaël, and so begins a summer of long sunny afternoons, playground games and first kisses. Yet with the school term fast approaching, and with suspicions arising amongst friends and family, Laure must face up to an uncertain future
To be in with a chance of getting your hands on one of THREE Blu-ray copies of Tomboy, just answer the following simple question.
Tomboy is only director Céline Sciamma’s second full-length feature – what was her first?
a) The Water Babies
b) The Water Horse
c) Water Lilies
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Tomboy’), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK.
Tomboy is released on DVD and Blu-ray from 5 March.
The competition closes at 6pm on Friday 9 March, 2012.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.