Tim Burton fans don’t have long to wait until the arrival of the visionary directors big screen adaptation of Dark Shadows (2012) – starring Burton regulars Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter – but to tide you over until then we have THREE 3-disc DVD copies of the original TV series to give away to our horror-loving fans. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook fans, so if you haven’t already, head over to facebook.com/CineVueUK, ‘Like’ us, and then follow the instructions below.
Starring the late, great Jonathan Frid as vampire-with-a-heart Barnabas Collins, Dark Shadows was a hugely successful Gothic soap opera created by Dan Curtis. The series shot to fame when vampire Barnabas (Frid) first appeared a year into its run, and has since gone on to influence filmmakers including Burton an Quentin Tarantino. Throughout the five year run of the series, every imaginable ghost and ghoulie passed through the house including vampires, witches, werewolves, zombies and man-made monsters (along with some time travel and parallel universe hokum thrown in for good measure).
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE DVD copies of Dark Shadows: The Original TV Series, just answer the following simple question.
Dark Shadows star Jonathan Frid was born in which year?
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Shadows’), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK.
Dark Shadows: The Original TV Series is available to own on DVD from 30 April.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 3 May, 2012.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.