To celebrate the release of Alejandro Brugués’ Mexican zombie horror-comedy Juan of the Dead (Juan de los Muertos, 2011) on DVD from Monday 4 June, we’re giving our gore-hungry readers the chance to win one of TWO competition copies of the film on DVD. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue.
Brugués’ Juan of the Dead tells the blood-drenched tale of a slacker who decides to save Cuba from an invasion of cannibalistic zombies. As the zombies turn the country into a gory circus of flying limbs and severed heads, the nightly news anchors continue to calmly assert the government line, that the attacks are not the work of the undead but dissidents in the pay of the United States. Scattered with allusions to traumatic moments in Cuba’s recent history, this is a zombie film with real satirical bite.
For your chance to win one of TWO copies of Alejandro Brugués’ Juan of the Dead on DVD, simply answer the following question:
In which Cuban city is Juan of the Dead set?
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Juan’), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Juan of the Dead is available to own on DVD on Monday 4 June.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 7 June, 2012.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.