On Monday 4 June Chelsea Films will be releasing revisionist Butch Cassidy western Blackthorn (2011), starring Sam Shepard, on Blu-ray and DVD. To celebrate, we’re giving our sawdust-shuffling, tobacco-spitting readers the chance to win one of THREE DVD copies of Mateo Gil’s feature. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue.
It’s been said (but unsubstantiated) that Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were killed in a stand-off with the Bolivian military in 1908. In Blackthorn, Cassidy (Shepard) survived, and is quietly living out his years under the name James Blackthorn in a secluded Bolivian village. Tired of his long exile from the US and hoping to see his family again before he dies, Cassidy sets out on the long journey home. However, when an unexpected encounter with an ambitious young criminal (Eduardo Noriega) derails his plans, he is thrust into one last adventure, the likes of which he hasn’t experienced since his glory days with the Sundance Kid.
For your chance to win one of THREE copies of Mateo Gil’s Blackthorn on DVD, simply answer the following question:
Sam Shepard will next be seen alongside Brad Pitt in which recession-based US gangster thriller?
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Blackthorn’), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Blackthorn is available to own on Blu-ray and DVD on Monday 4 June.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 7 June, 2012.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.