To celebrate the 27 July release of Malik Bendjelloul’s award-winning music documentary Searching for Sugar Man (2012), we’re giving you the chance to win a copy of the film’s official CD soundtrack and a UK quad poster signed by director Bendjelloul and the great Sixto Rodriguez himself. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
From the Academy Award-winning producer of Man on Wire (2008), Searching for Sugar Man tells the remarkable story of singer -songwriter Rodriguez. Hotly tipped in the early 1970s, his two albums sank without a trace in America. Yet somehow they were bootlegged to South Africa, where his music became the soundtrack to the anti-apartheid movement, and he outsold Elvis and the Rolling Stones. But all this success was completely unknown to Rodriguez himself, and he returned to construction work in Detroit. The film follows two South Africans travelling to America to find their hero, who they believe, as the local legend goes, committed suicide on stage many years ago.
Searching for Sugar Man star Sixto Rodriguez was born in which US city?
c) New York
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Sugar Man’), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Searching for Sugar Man is released in UK cinemas on Friday 27 July, 2012. Read our review here.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 26 July, 2012.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.