Cult director Bavo Defurne’s touching Belgian coming-of-age drama North Sea Texas (2011) is now available to own on DVD courtesy of UK distributor Peccadillo Pictures. To celebrate this release, we’ve kindly been given THREE DVD copies of the film to give away to our lucky readers. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
Pim (Jelle Florizoone) lives in a small town on the Belgian coast, together with his single mother Yvette (Eva van der Gucht), a local accordion starlet. It’s an ordinary existence which Pim brightens up by dreaming of princesses, beauty queens and handsome Gino (Mathias Vergels), the boy next door. But when hunky traveller Zoltan (Thomas Coumans) blows through town, Pim’s life takes an exciting and unexpected turn.
North Sea Texas is the feature film debut from cult director Bavo Defurne, whose short films, love letters to the male form and soaked with lush visuals, have garnered fans from across the globe – drawing comparisons to Pierre et Gilles, Herbert List, Dreyer and Eisenstein.
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE DVD copies of Defurne’s feature debut North Sea Texas, just answer the following simple question:
Bavo Defurne’s North Sea Texas is set in which country?
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘NST’), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 23 August, 2012.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.