To celebrate the long-awaited theatrical release of cult American director Quentin Tarantino’s violent (and deliciously funny) revenge western Django Unchained (2012) – which stars Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio and Christoph Waltz – in UK cinemas from Friday 18 January, we here at CineVue are offering ONE lucky reader the chance to win a limited edition poster, accompanied by a certificate and the official soundtrack from Django itself (pictured left). As ever, this is an exclusive competition for our highly valued Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
Set in the South two years before the Civil War, Django Unchained follows the story of Django (Foxx), a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. Honing vital hunting skills, Django remains focused on one goal: finding and rescuing Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), the wife he lost to the slave trade long ago.
Django and Schultz’s search ultimately leads them to Calvin Candie (DiCaprio), the proprietor of ‘Candyland’, an infamous plantation where slaves are groomed by trainer Ace Woody (Kurt Russell) to battle each other for sport. Exploring the compound under false pretences, Django and Schultz’ moves are marked, and a treacherous organisation closes in on them. If Django and Schultz are to escape with Broomhilda, they must choose between independence and solidarity, between sacrifice and survival.
To be in with a chance of winning a limited edition Django Unchained poster, accompanied by a certificate and the official soundtrack, just answer the following simple question:
Who plays the role of Stephen in Tarantino’s Django Unchained?
a) Christoph Waltz
b) Leonardo DiCaprio
c) Samuel L. Jackson
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Django Unchained is released in UK cinemas on 18 January, courtesy of Sony Pictures UK.
The official Django Unchained soundtrack is available to own now from the links below:
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 24 January, 2013.
• The winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally.
• Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• Sony Pictures UK and CineVue do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
• No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
• Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
• This competition is a game promoted CineVue. CineVue’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Entrants must be UK residents and 18 or over.
• Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.