Magnus Martens’ Scandinavian sleeper hit Jackpot (2011) is an exciting, playful and bloody comedy from the producer of 2006’s Cold Prey. Based on the book by Norway’s leading crime writer, Jo Nesbø, the film follows a group of scruffy young men, all of them with a criminal background, including Oscar (Kyrre Hellum), Thor (Mads Ousdal), Billy (Arthur Berning) and Tresko (Andreas Cappelen). To celebrate this release, we have THREE DVD copies of the film to give away, courtesy of Metrodome Distribution. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
Oscar Svendsen wakes up, terrified and bloodied; a shotgun in his hands, in what was once a respectable strip joint near Svinesund, Sweden. He is surrounded by eight bodies, and police detective Solør has a gun aimed at his chest. Solør is convinced of his guilt, but Oscar persistently denies any wrongdoing. Reluctantly Oscar starts relating the incredible story of four men who won top prize in a soccer pool and suddenly found themselves 1,739,361 kroner richer. But it turned out to be difficult to divide the money by four.
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE DVD copies of Jo Nesbø’s Jackpot, just answer the following simple question:
Which other Jo Nesbø crime thriller was successfully adapted for the big screen last year?
c) The Snowman
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Jo Nesbø’s Jackpot is released on DVD from 7 January, courtesy of Metrodome Distribution.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 10 January, 2013.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.