To celebrate the UK theatrical release of Chilean director Pablo Larraín’s Academy Award-nominated new film No (2012) on 8 February, 2013, we’re delighted to be able to offer THREE lucky readers the chance to win a copy of the Made in Chile – Two Films by Pablo Larraín DVD box set, which includes past triumphs Tony Manero (2008) and Post Mortem (2010). This fantastic prize has been kindly provided courtesy of the fantastic team at Network Releasing, UK distributors of Larraín’s films. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
With scant resources and constant scrutiny from individuals sympathetic to Pinochet’s totalitarian regime, including ad agency colleagues and the secret police, Larraín’s bold and enthralling new film No looks at how a team of Chile’s ‘Mad Men’ and opponents of the dictatorial government instigated change without resorting to violence during the 1988 plebiscite and with only 15 minutes of TV exposure in the early hours of the morning. The film seamlessly blends scripted scenes with archive footage and features many of the people who were banned in Chilean media when Pinochet was in power.
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE Made in Chile – Two Films by Pablo Larraín DVD box sets, just answer the following simple question:
How many feature films has No director Pablo Larraín directed to date?
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Larraín’), answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Pablo Larraín’s No is released in UK cinemas on 8 February, 2013, courtesy of Network Releasing.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 7 February, 2013.
• The winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• Network Releasing and CineVue do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
• No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
• Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
• This competition is a game promoted CineVue. CineVue’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Entrants must be UK residents
• Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.