To celebrate the release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and digital download on 8 April, THREE lucky winners have the chance to get their hands on a copy of the film on DVD, courtesy of Warner Bros. Home Video. Directed by the visionary Peter Jackson, best know for helming the hugely successful The Lord of the Rings saga, The Hobbit trilogy sees the Kiwi filmmaker returning to his beloved world of Middle-earth for a three-part prequel to his previous Oscar-winning fantasy outings. This is competition is also open to our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
The first in a trilogy of films based on the enduring masterpiece The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey follows title character Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman), who – along with the wizard Gandalf (Ian McKellen) and 13 Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) – is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarven kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug. Their journey will take them into the Wild, through treacherous lands inhabited by Goblins, Orcs and deadly Wargs, as well as a mysterious and sinister figure known only as the Necromancer. Along the path, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of ingenuity and courage that surprise even himself, he also gains possession of a “precious” ring tied to the fate of all Middle-earth in ways he cannot begin to imagine.
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE DVD copies of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, just answer the following simple question:
Who invites Bilbo Baggins “to share in an adventure”?
a) Frodo Baggins
b) Gandalf the Grey
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Hobbit’), answer and postal address.
Please note that this is a competition which our Facebook and Twitter fans will also be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is released on 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD on 8 April, 2013.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 18 April, 2013.
©2013 Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit, and the names of the characters, events, items and places therein, are trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises under license to New Line Productions, Inc.
• Competition will close on 11 April. Open to UK participants only.
• Three winners will each receive The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on DVD.
• Winners will be picked at random from all correct and valid entries and contacted by the site.
• The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
• The editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
• Prize winners may be required to take part in reasonable post-competition publicity for Warner and may be filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded by Warner or other third parties for publicity and he/she consents to the use of his/her personal data for such purposes.
• Prize winners may be required to sign a prize acceptance form before the prize is awarded. If a prize winner is under the age of 18 years, a parent or guardian may be required to sign a prize acceptance form before the prize is awarded.
• There is no cash alternative to prizes which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the prize winner.
• Prize details are correct at the date of this agreement. Events may occur that render the Media Promotion itself or the awarding of prizes impossible due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond the control of Warner. In this situation, Warner may at its discretion vary or amend Prizes so as to provide reasonable alternative prizes and prize winners agree that no liability shall attach to Warner or parties connected to Warner as a result.