Sharp and witty but shot throughout with resonant tragedy, celebrated American indie auteur Hal Hartley’s Amateur (1994) is a twisted metaphysical thriller that has been hailed as one of his greatest works. To celebrate the long-awaited 13 May DVD and Blu-ray rerelease of Hartley’s classic, starring French actress Isabelle Huppert, Martin Donovan and Elina Löwensohn, we’ve kindly been provided with THREE Blu-ray copies of Amateur to give away, courtesy of our friends at distributor Artificial Eye. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
An ex-nun (Huppert), trying to turn her hand to writing pornography, meets Thomas (Donovan), a recovering amnesiac in search of his estranged wife. The two set out in search of Thomas’ past but soon discover a trail of secrets leading to the dark, violent heart of his previous life and the pain that forced him to forget.
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE Blu-ray copies of Hartley’s Amateur, just answer the following simple question:
Amateur star Isabelle Huppert featured in which 2012 Oscar-winning French drama?
b) In the House
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Amateur’), answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Hal Hartley’s Amateur is rereleased on DVD and Blu-ray on Monday 13 May, courtesy of Artificial Eye.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 16 May, 2013.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.