When the beloved cellist of a world-renowned string quartet receives a life changing diagnosis, the group’s future suddenly hangs in the balance: suppressed emotions, competing egos and passions threaten to derail years of friendship and collaboration. As they are about to play their 25th anniversary concert, quite possibly their last, only their intimate bond and the power of music can preserve their legacy. Inspired by and structured around the Opus 131 String Quartet in C-sharp minor, A Late Quartet pays homage to chamber music and the cultural world of NYC.
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE copies of A Late Quartet on DVD, as well as a copy of the film’s soundtrack, just answer the following simple question:
The Opus 131 String Quartet belongs to which legendary composer?
a) Johann Sebastian Bach
b) Ludwig van Beethoven
c) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘A Late Quartet’), answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
A Late Quartet is released on DVD and Blu-ray from Monday 29 July, courtesy of Curzon Film World.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 1 August, 2013.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.