Starring Maribel Verdú, Daniel Giménez Cacho and Ángela Molina, Pablo Berger’s Blancanieves (2012) is a stark and beautiful visualisation of the classic fairytale of Snow White, set in 1920’s Spain. This silent fantasy has certainly been making waves, earning fantastic critical acclaim for its excellent performances and impressive cinematography. To celebrate the DVD release of Blancanieves this Monday (5 August), we’ve kindly been provided with THREE copies of the film to give away, thanks to StudioCanal. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
In Blancanieves, our young heroine Carmen (Macarena García) escapes her malevolent stepmother (Verdú) to join a travelling troupe of bullfighting dwarves and rises to fame in the corrida. The combination of a much loved fairytale and a female bullfighter crossed with Goya visuals ensures a fantastical tribute to a golden age of cinema and the toreros.
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE copies of Blancanieves on DVD, just answer the following simple question:
Which modern silent film picked up the 2012 Academy Award for Best Picture?
a) The Artist
b) Brand Upon the Brain!
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Blancanieves’), answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Pablo Berger’s Blancanieves is released on DVD from Monday 5 August, courtesy of StudioCanal.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 8 August, 2013.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.