As a music-lover in 1970s Belfast, Terri Hooley (Richard Dormer) watches on as ‘the Troubles’ shuts down his city. As all his friends take sides and take up arms, Hooley opens a record shop on the most bombed half-mile in Europe, naming it ‘Good Vibrations’. Through it he discovers a compelling voice of resistance in the city’s nascent underground punk scene. Good Vibrations: first a record shop, then a label, always a way of life. But from the outset it is assailed from all sides: by the cops, by Terri’s own inbuilt urge to self-destruct and even, when The Undertones wander into the picture, by the prospect of the ‘Big Time’.
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE copies of Good Vibrations on Blu-ray, just answer the following simple question:
What was the title of The Undertones’ breakthrough hit song?
a) Here Comes the Summer
b) My Perfect Cousin
c) Teenage Kicks
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Good Vibrations’), answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Good Vibrations is released on DVD and Blu-ray from Monday 5 August, courtesy of Universal Pictures UK.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 8 August, 2013.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.