The second feature from Clio Barnard (The Arbor), The Selfish Giant (2013) was one of the great British films of last year, wowing audiences both in the UK and abroad (it premièred at the Cannes Film Festival) alike. To celebrate the DVD and Blu-ray release of Barnard’s compelling tale of childhood companionship in the North of England this coming Monday (27 January), we have THREE DVD copies of The Selfish Giant to give away to regular readers, courtesy of the fantastic team at UK distributors Artificial Eye. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
Which celebrated British writer penned The Selfish Giant, on which Barnard’s film is loosely based?
a) T. S. Eliot
b) Oscar Wilde
c) Virginia Woolf
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘The Selfish Giant’) answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Clio Barnard’s The Selfish Giant is released on DVD and Blu-ray from Monday 27 January, courtesy of Artificial Eye.
This competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 30 January, 2014.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.