In a country torn apart by a war, in Afghanistan or elsewhere, a beautiful young woman (Golshifteh Farahani) is left alone to care for her wounded husband who has been in a coma for the past two weeks. With no improvement in his condition, food and water in short supply and a war raging around her, she begins a heartfelt monologue in the hope that he will awaken and recover. She talks about her childhood, her dreams and frustrations, her loneliness, desires and suffering. For the very first time in her life she is able to confess her deepest feelings, believing he has become her ‘Patience Stone’, a magical stone which, according to Persian mythology, will deliver her from all her pain and torment.
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE copies of The Patience Stone on DVD, just answer the following simple question:
The Patience Stone star Golshifteh Farahani worked with which British director on Body of Lies?
a) Stephen Frears
b) Ken Loach
c) Ridley Scott
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘The Patience Stone’) answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Atiq Rahimi’s 2012 film The Patience Stone is released on DVD from Monday 3 March, courtesy of Axiom Films.
This competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 6 March 2014.
Terms & Conditions
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.