The directorial debut from Hollywood actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Don Jon is a knowing take on the modern American romantic comedy, as a muscle-bound porn addict struggles to adapt to a relationship with an actual breathing human being, Barbara (Scarlett Johansson). To celebrate the release of Don Jon on DVD and Blu-ray this coming Monday (24 March), we have THREE Blu-ray copies of Gordon-Levitt’s smart and funny first feature to offer out to our regular readership, thanks to the generosity of the film’s distributors Warner Home Video. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
Jon Martello (Gordon-Levitt) is a strong, handsome, good old fashioned guy. His buddies call him Don Jon due to his ability to “pull” a different woman every weekend, but even the finest fling doesn’t compare to the bliss he finds alone in front of the computer watching pornography. Barbara Sugarman (Johansson) is a bright, beautiful, good old fashioned girl. Raised on romantic Hollywood movies, she’s determined to find her Prince Charming and ride off into the sunset. Wrestling with good old fashioned expectations of the opposite sex, Jon and Barbara struggle against a media culture full of false fantasies to try and find true intimacy in this unexpected comedy.
Which actor plays Jon’s father, Jon Sr, in Gordon-Levitt’s debut film?
a) Ted Danson
b) Timothy Dalton
c) Tony Danza
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Don Jon’) answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
This competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 27 March 2014.
Terms & Conditions
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.
• ©2014 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.