Japanese legend comes to life when Keanu Reeves makes an explosive return in the epic action adventure 47 Ronin (2013). A visually spectacular story of revenge, love and honour, 47 Ronin is based on the fictional story of the forty-seven ronin, a real-life group of wandering samurai who in 18th-century Japan choose to avenge the murder of their master. To celebrate the DVD and Blu-ray release of Carl Rinsch’s samurai slash em up this coming Monday (12 May), we have THREE Blu-ray copies of 47 Ronin to give away to our readership, courtesy of the fabulous folk at Universal Pictures UK. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering.
With the underhand machinations of their rival Lord Kira (Tadanobu Asano) blamed for the death of their master, a group of abandoned ronin recruit British-Japanese outcast Kai (Reeves) to help plan their revenge. Vastly outnumbered, but inspired by the teachings of Kuranosuke Oishi (Hiroyuki Sanada), Kai and the other ronin engage in a bloody battle with forces under the command of Kira’s loyal subordinate Mizuki (Rinko Kikuchi).
To be in with a chance of winning one of THREE copies of 47 Ronin on Blu-ray, just answer the following simple question:
Which actor plays the lead character of Kai, the talented outcast, in 47 Ronin?
a) Johnny Depp
b) Brad Pitt
c) Keanu Reeves
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (’47 Ronin’) answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
47 Ronin is released on DVD with UltraViolet and Blu-ray from Monday 12 May, courtesy of Universal Pictures UK.
This competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 15 May 2014.
Terms & Conditions
• The competition is open to UK residents who are aged 12 years or over except employees of Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd, and their affiliated companies, their families or agencies or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
• The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received and the judge’s decision is final.
• Only one entry per person permitted.
• Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Prize awarded.
• The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value.
• The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion in the event of exceptional circumstances outside its control which affect its ability to operate the promotion.
• In administrating this promotion the Promoter will not collect more of your personal information than absolutely necessary and will only use your personal information for the purposes of this promotion.
• The rules of this competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising there from.
• © 2014 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.