CineVue has teamed up with American Express to offer one lucky person the chance to win a pair of tickets to a screening of the hotly anticipated Mr. Turner (2014) on Saturday 11 October at Odeon West End 2 Cinema (11am) as part of the 58th BFI London Film Festival. Mr. Turner is Mike Leigh’s sumptuous account of the latter part of the career of the great 19th century painter, J.M.W. Turner, who revolutionised landscape painting. Turner is played in inimitable form by Timothy Spall. Running from 8-19 October, LFF will showcase a diverse programme of British and international films in seventeen of the capital’s cinemas. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
Mr. Turner explores the last quarter century of the great if eccentric British painter J.M.W. Turner (1775-1851). Profoundly affected by the death of his father, loved by a housekeeper he takes for granted and occasionally exploits sexually, he forms a close relationship with a seaside landlady with whom he eventually lives incognito in Chelsea, where he dies. Throughout this, he travels, paints, stays with the country aristocracy, visits brothels, is a popular if anarchic member of the Royal Academy of Arts, has himself strapped to the mast of a ship so that he can paint a snowstorm, and is both celebrated and reviled by the public and by royalty.
How many films will be shown during this year’s BFI London Film Festival?
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Mr. Turner’) answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
American Express Cardmembers can benefit from enriched entertainment experiences at the London Film Festival and other exciting UK events. To get a sneak peek from the London Film Festival red carpet and from behind the scenes of other entertainment events, check out the AmericanExpressUK YouTube page. For more info about LFF, visit bfi.org.uk/lff.
This competition closes at midday on Friday 10 October 2014.
Terms & Conditions
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• The competition promoter, CineVue is responsible for all data collection, handling, winner selection and prize fulfilment.
• American Express Services Europe Limited is a prize provider. As the promoter, CineVue will not share data with American Express in any circumstances other than for prize fulfilment where deemed necessary.
• Tickets must be collected from the box office 45 minutes before the screening starts or no entry to the screening will be permitted.