CineVue has teamed up with American Express to offer one lucky person the chance to win a pair of tickets to a screening of US crime drama The Drop (2014) on Saturday 11 October at Odeon West End 2 Cinema (6pm) as part of the 58th BFI London Film Festival. Based on a story by acclaimed American crime writer Dennis Lehane, The Drop is a smart and thrilling work featuring a standout performance by Tom Hardy and directed by Belgian Michaël R. Roskam (Bullhead). Running from 8-19 October, LFF will showcase a diverse programme of British and international films in seventeen of the capital’s cinemas. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
Roskam’s The Drop follows lonely bartender Bob Saginowski (Hardy) through a covert scheme of funnelling cash to local gangsters – “money drops” – in the underworld of Brooklyn bars. Under the heavy hand of his employer and cousin Marv (a fantastic turn from the late, great James Gandolfini), Bob finds himself at the centre of a robbery gone awry and entwined in an investigation that digs deep into the neighbourhood’s past where friends, families, and foes all work together to make a living – no matter the cost.
Which of Dennis Lehane’s novels was made into a film by director Martin Scorsese in 2010?
a) Coronado: Stories
b) Mystic River
c) Shutter Island
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘The Drop’) answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
American Express Cardmembers can benefit from enriched entertainment experiences at the London Film Festival and other exciting UK events. To get a sneak peek from the London Film Festival red carpet and from behind the scenes of other entertainment events, check out the AmericanExpressUK YouTube page. For more info about LFF, visit bfi.org.uk/lff.
This competition closes at midday on Friday 10 October 2014.
Terms & Conditions
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• The competition promoter, CineVue is responsible for all data collection, handling, winner selection and prize fulfilment.
• American Express Services Europe Limited is a prize provider. As the promoter, CineVue will not share data with American Express in any circumstances other than for prize fulfilment where deemed necessary.
• Tickets must be collected from the box office 45 minutes before the screening starts or no entry to the screening will be permitted.