From acclaimed director Paweł Pawlikowski (Last Resort, My Summer of Love) comes Ida (2013), a poignant and powerfully told drama about 18-year-old Anna (Agata Trzebuchowska). A sheltered orphan, Anna is preparing to become a nun when she discovers that her real name is Ida and her Jewish parents were killed during the Nazi occupation. This revelation triggers a journey into the secrets of a repressed past evoking haunting legacies and the realities of post-war communism. To celebrate the DVD and Blu-ray release of Ida this Monday (24 November), we have THREE DVD copies to give away. This is an exclusive competition for our Facebook and Twitter fans, so if you haven’t already, ‘Like’ us at facebook.com/CineVueUK or follow us @CineVue before answering the question below.
Ida won the Best Film award at which of the following film festivals?
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject (‘Ida’) answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook ‘Like’ list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Pawlikowski’s Ida is released on DVD and Blu-ray from Monday 24 November, courtesy of UK distributor Artificial Eye.
This competition closes at 6pm on Friday 28 November 2014.
Terms & Conditions
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.